‘In a journey to everywhere’ ‘Between cities and nations’ ‘In the presence of the Wise Remembrance’ ‘The Lord of all hearts Has unified us… Has unified us all.’ ‘And for the sake of memorizing the book’ ‘We have knocked every door’ ‘We shall continue this right path, before things come to an end’ We arrived at Indonesia The journey was every exhausting From Senegal to Indonesia, the trip was 22 hours Imagine that! Indonesia is one of the largest Islamic countries as regard its population 200 millions of them are Muslims Islam didn’t reach Indonesia by Islamic conquests But by Muslim merchants By their high morality, and their Islamic ethical conduct. We had shed light on the way they memorize the Qur’an in Indonesia. If you want to reflect upon the speech of Allah SWT And to have a beautiful Qur’anic session with yourself Contemplating on the words of the Lord Almighty, don’t recite from your memorization This is important, to be able to concentrate while reflecting upon the speech of Allah SWT, is to contemplate using the Mushaf Directly! While sitting in a quite suitable place Open the Mushaf and read from it ” Only those who hear will respond. ” ” But the dead – Allah will resurrect them;” Read from the speech of Allah SWT For a hafidh who wants to contemplate If you contemplate from your memory, you’d loose focus Because you’ll be trying to remember So as not to make any mistake in the verses or any other fault in reciting So, during the reflection session Do it from the Mushaf You will be able to concentrate Totally focused, your heart and brain This is fantastic Moreover, feel that all the limbs you use in this process They’ll all be your witnesses on the Day of Judgment Take this hint, try to contemplate from a mushaf print that contains the meanings of the words on the side For example, you are reading surat Ar-Rahman and you come across the word ” Mudhamatan”, suppose you don’t know the meaning of it You can quickly see the meaning of the word while reading It means, “intertwined branches of trees”. So, knowing the meaning of the words would help you to reflect upon the speech of Allah SWT ‘Our Qur’an…is a clear light’ ‘for the worshipers…over the centuries’ ‘It is a light upon light for us.’ ‘It is our way to eternal happiness.’ ‘It has the cure of the hearts’ ‘and its clear evidence is within its lines’ ‘It is our intercessor on the day of judgment’ ‘It was descended with the trusted angel’ We visited a Qur’anic Centre in Bogor, Indonesia It is highly organized, clean, and in perfect order the buildings are exactly as they should The weather was very humid The manager of the school, Abdul-Hasseb Hasan welcomed us into the school and the students chanted very beautiful songs, and gave very classy speeches ‘ We are the youth of the Qur’an’ ‘ We are the worshipers of the merciful’ ‘ We are seeking prestige by our believe’ ‘ And we praise the Al-Dayan [Allah SWT]’ ‘ My Qur’an is light above light’ ‘ My Qur’an is the best constitution’ ‘ My Qur’an is a life after death and a return from loss’ ‘ My Qur’an is a beautiful scent from gardens’ ‘ We are the youth of the Qur’an’ ‘ We are the worshipers of the Merciful’ Welcome all of you your visit is Blessed, by the will of Allah This institute was established 6 years ago The number of students we currently have at all levels from Kindergarten to high school They are 1200 students It is a full boarding school They do not go there homes We teach them Arabic everyday They study Islamic sciences with the Daily Qur’an They learn the Qur’an: its recitation, understanding, and memorization. About one thousand students apply for this isntitute yearly They accept only 250 students from them So as to keep the standards of this institute Sheikh Abdul-Haseeb took me in a tour around the school And I learned about the students and the teaching in this institute This atmosphere is what my heart loves most Ma’sha’Allah, these beautiful circles, arranged and organized Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful – They start the circles after Fajir prayers – Ma’sha’Allah, they start then!
– yes – Till 6am – Then after Asir prayers
– They start again! – Yes, they do, just the same – And again after Maghrib prayers – A total of three times daily – We call this Masjid; the beautiful garden of the Qur’an What I liked most in this institute is that they care very much about the meanings and the understanding of the Qur’an The amazing thing is that their Mushafs have translations into the Indonesian Language – The Mushaf is translated into the Indonesian Language – Are they all translated?
– No, but every student must have one translated – So as to understand what he is reading – Very beautiful – this translation is word by word – The student does not know Arabic from the start – And they still do not know Arabic – The sheikh said a beautiful thing here, – That every student must have a copy of this translated Mushaf – So that to understand the meaning of the Qur’an as he’s reading – How do they start here and they don’t know Arabic? – At the elementary level we teach them the letters first – Then making words and reading them – From the first level till the third level, we focus on recitation – without memorization – If their reading skills are improved they will be able – to memorize correctly
– Yes, this is the basic thing – If they passed the reading test, – we move them to memorization of the Qur’an – Ma’sha’Allah – I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed Shaytan – In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. ” To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens” ” and whatever is on the earth.” ” And to Allah will [all] matters be returned.” ” You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind.” ” You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong ” – Sheikh Muhammad recited these verses from surat Ali’Imran – These great verses say; You are the best nation produced for mankind – You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong – To be the best nation, enjoining the right, and forbidding the wrong – can’t be achieved with other than this Qur’an – Understanding, memorizing, reflecting upon – And applying – What is this place ahead? – this is the elementary school – there are about 400 students – Boys and girls
– Yes – Salam Alikum
– Wa Alikum Assalam ” Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe,” ” You are not, [O Muhammad], by the favor of your Lord, a madman.” ” And indeed, for you is a reward uninterrupted.” ” And indeed, you are of a great moral character.” We all Know that they did not Know Arabic from before But now they are learning it since grade one Of Course, a long and difficult process After one year studying Arabic, they learn the Qur’an from a teacher, then they try to perfect it more and finally they can read from the Book of the Qur’an this when they start memorization of the Qur’an – Isn’t it Sheikh?
– Exactly – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful – I ask Allah SWT to preserve her, very beautiful recitation ‘Elevate just because you have memorize, oh Muslim!’ ‘Elevate to the Firdos level, and meet the Giver’ ‘Elevate for that you spent much effort to memorize it’ ‘And you worked on it by your actions and by teaching it’ ‘Elevate for that you spent much effort to memorize it’ ‘And you worked on it…’ ‘And you worked on it…’ ‘And you worked on it by your actions and by teaching it’ The students of this institute at Bogor had won so many prizes in Qur’anic competitions in Indonesia and in other countries They are really distinguished in perfection of the Qur’an and their beautiful recitation I am very happy to be here and in this beautiful Qur’anic school in Indonesia I noticed a great dedication to memorize the Book of Allah SWT And the atmosphere is saturated by the beautiful Qur’anic spirit Hufadh behind the cameras and next to me is Sheikh Muhammad Rizq He is one of the hafadh, and his voice is beautiful I ask Allah SWT to preserve him – Did you find any difficulty while memorizing the Qur’an? – Yes, at the beginning – Because you didn’t know the Arabic language
– Yes – But after you learned Arabic, it became easier to memorize the Qur’an – Yes
– Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful – May I test you in Qur’an? ” Indeed, those who disbelieve – never will their wealth” ” or their children avail them against Allah at all.” [ Same verse, Page 51, verse 10 and page 65, verse 116] – There are two verses!, say more! ” and those are the companions of the Fire; ” ” they will abide therein eternally.” – Ma’sha’Allah, ” and those are the companions of the Fire; ” ” they will abide therein eternally.” ” The example of what they spend in this worldly life” ” is like that of a wind containing frost” ” which strikes the harvest of a people” ” who have wronged themselves and destroys it.” ” And Allah has not wronged them, but they wrong themselves.” – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful – Everything is beautiful, his recitation, perfection, start and end – I ask Allah SWT to preserve you sheikh Muhammad – Did you participate in any competitions, sheikh? – Yes I did – By recitation or by memorization? – By memorization – What was your position? – I came first
– Ma’sha’Allah – When did you finish memorization of the Qur’an, Sheikh Muhammad? – When I was 13
– Ma’sha’Allah – When did you start?
– I started very young – At what age?
– At 4 – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful – Who encouraged you to do so, Sheikh Muhammad? – Of Course, my mother encouraged me – to memorize this Noble Book – I thank Allah who blessed me with such a mother – She encouraged me very much to memorize the Qur’an – So after you memorized the whole Qur’an – How happy was she? – Ma’sha’Allah, she was very happy – Praise to Allah, I finished memorization on my 13th birthday – So I gifted my memorization to my mother – When she knew my intentions before, she said to me not to push it – hard so that it doesn’t become more difficult for me – But I didn’t mind and told her that you gave me many gifts – on my birthdays, and I want to give you this one gift – Completion of memorization of the Qur’an
– Glory to Allah What a beautiful thing! Sheikh Muhammad says; praise to Allah who gifted me this mother So he wanted to reward her by memorization of the Qur’an Oh sheikh Muhammad, you are absolutely right This is the best reward ever a person can gift his parents his memorization of the Book of Allah SWT ” And the disbeliever says, “When I have died,” ” am I going to be brought forth alive?”” ” Does man not remember that We created him before,” ” while he was nothing?” ” So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils;” ” then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.” ” Then We will surely extract from every sect those of them ” ” who were worst against the Most Merciful in insolence.” ” Then, surely it is We who are most knowing ” ” of those most worthy of burning therein.” ” And there is none of you except he will come to it. ” ” This is upon your Lord an inevitability decreed.” – May Allah bless you sheikh Muhammad, – Which surah is this? – Surat Maryam – What is its number? – Number 19
– Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful ” And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech” ” to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge” ” and who takes it in ridicule.” ” Those will have a humiliating punishment.” ” And when our verses are recited to him,” ” he turns away arrogantly as if he had not heard them, ” ” as if there was in his ears deafness.” ” So give him tidings of a painful punishment.” ” Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds -” ” for them are the Gardens of Pleasure.” ” Wherein they abide eternally;” ” [it is] the promise of Allah [which is] truth.” ” the Exalted in Might, the Wise.” – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful, sheikh Muhammad – What a beautiful recitation! – We must invite you to Kuwait to lead the pray of Taraweeh and Qiyam – Would you come?
– By the will of Allah – May Allah bless you sheikh, What is this surah? – It is surat Luqman – What is its number? – It is number 31 – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful, – I ask Allah to preserve you Sheikh Muhammad ‘So beautifully it’s recited among the creation’ ‘And the universe returned back and forth the echo’ ‘When it revealed the guidance’ ‘.. our Qur’an is the true salvation’ ‘Recite and think of the meanings, in awe’ ‘Miss it till your tears flow down’ ‘It magically runs through all the veins’ ‘leaving behind it but abundant light’ – Your visit is really appreciated – It motivates the teachers and the students too – Let me tell you the truth, the way we see it – By Allah, we are the ones who are motivated – May Allah bless you – When we saw you, we are the ones who got excited – We are very anxious now to convey this Qur’anic experience – and this full Qur’anic life to our families and children – and to all our communities – I ask Allah SWT to preserve you
– Ameen – Your peaceful face comforted me sheikh – May Allah bless you ‘When I breathe the essence of my soul’ ‘And the door of goodness opens for me’ ‘That’s when the soul flows with its scent’ ‘The perfume of love throughout the gardens’ ‘We travel in the journey of Qur’an’ ‘Along the roads of goodness and to home lands ‘ ‘With the noble target of life’ ‘It’s to win the acceptance of Allah’ ‘In the company of the Qur’an, the journey is sweet’ ‘Through the lights with reflections’ ‘With souls by impression’ ‘It has all the good and evidence’ ‘From the Qur’an to mankind’ ‘In all horizons and universes’ ‘We are in its journey at all times’ ‘Our only wish is acceptance of Allah’