In a journey to everywhere Between cities and nations In the presence of the Wise Remembrance The Lord of all hearts Has unified us… Has unified us all. And for the sake of memorizing the book We have knocked every door we shall continue this right path, before things come to an end Imagine yourself sitting in front of your Qur’an teacher He is listening to your daily part before memorizing it Either for you, your son, or daughter! So after you both finish going over the verses, fixing pronunciation, and applying Tajweed rules After that you get home How will you memorize it? I get asked this question so many times “Sheikh Fahad, how can I memorize? which way is best to remember?” I will teach you this now But please, keep close attention to this as it will become so handy, by the will of Allah Let’s assume we want to memorize Surat Al-Insan together I want to memorize it with you suppose you are to memorize this page, how you do this? First step, open the Mus’haf, and read as usual ” In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.” Read with Recitation tone. This is a must in memorizing Qur’an, which is unique than any other book ” Has there [not] come upon man a period of time when he was not a thing [even] mentioned?” Then repeat similarly ” Has there [not] come upon man a period of time when he was not a thing [even] mentioned?” Then try with the Mus’haf closed! ” Has there [not] come upon man a period of time when he was not a thing [even] mentioned?” Now notice that I opened the Mus’haf in the middle of it because I am not yet confident of my memorization Now, try again ” Has there [not] come upon man a period of time when he was not a thing [even] mentioned?” Did you memorize it? Move to next verse Verse 2: ” Indeed, We created man from a sperm-drop mixture that We may try him; and We made him hearing and seeing.” Similar to verse 1, I repeat it once, twice, third, and forth Until I am able to read it easily with the Mus’haf closed Then verse 3: ” Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful.” Once you are done the three verses, go back and start from the beginning This time, link each verse with the next So if you memorized verse 1 fluently, verse 2 fluently, and verse 3 fluently Then this is about time to connect the three together ” Has there [not] come upon man a period of time when he was not a thing [even] mentioned?” ” Indeed, We created man from a sperm-drop mixture that We may try him; and We made him hearing and seeing.” ” Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful.” Then move on to read verse 4: ” Indeed, We have prepared for the disbelievers chains and shackles and a blaze.” Similarly, repeat while looking, then close the Mus’haf Using this way, you can memorize all the daily assigned part If it is half a page, this is the way you do for the entire half,and repeat it If it is a full page, you follow this method for one half, then for the other half, this is an entire page After you finished your daily assignment, keep repeating it many times Until you make sure you can easily read it with the Mus’haf closed By the will of Allah, this method will make memorization much easier and perfect at the same time If you meet your sheikh the next day with this level of memorization, he’ll be extremely happy with you, or with your child This is an excellent way of doing it Try when you have memorized the part, to recite it in a speedy way Recite in the beginning, then read quickly once you memorized This fast way will help you in the future to revise large amounts By the will of Allah, and may Allah help you! [Egypt] our unique journey with Ahmed Musalam, didn’t come to an end yet There are still many amazing things we didn’t reveal I surprised him with a difficult Question and he surprised me with his answer Ready by the will of Allah Suratul-Hajj, how many verses does it has? 78 True! Read the ending page of suratul_Hajj! – The end of the page?
– The ending page of the surah – Of Al-Hajj?
-Yes – ” And strive for Allah….”
– This is the last verse! – The last verse?
– Yes! but I want the last page, the beginning of it – ” O people, an example is presented, so listen to it…”
– That’s it! ” O people, an example is presented, so listen to it.” ” Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose.” “And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him.” ” Weak are the pursuer and pursued.” May Allah bless you So this verse is first on the page. What is the first verse on the tenth page after this? – After 10 pages?
– Yes – After ten pages… I am ready!
– Go ahead ” O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan.” ” And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan – indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing.” ” And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but ..” ” … but Allah purifies whom He wills,” “… and Allah is Hearing and Knowing.” This is the will of Allah! Which surah is this? The surah is An-Nur, and the verse number is 21 Glory is to Allah! That’s His will, blessed is His face ” O people, an example is presented, so listen to it.” What if I want to explain this verse to English speakers What is the explanation of these words in the English language – The explanation of these verses…!
– … In English May Allah bless you! Can you read verse 67 of Surat Maryam? – You want me to read…
– … the verse 67 of surat Maryam! ” So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils; then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.” ” Then We will surely extract from every sect those of them who were worst against the Most Merciful in insolence.” ” Elevate for having memorized it, oh Muslim!” ” Elevate to the Firdos level, and meet the Giver” ” Elevate for that you spent much effort to memorize it” ” And you worked on it by your actions and by teaching it” ” Elevate for that you spent much effort to memorize it” ” And you worked on it….. ” ” And you worked on it….. ” ” And you worked on it by your actions and by teaching it” ” That is because Allah is the Truth, and that what they call upon other than Him is falsehood, and because Allah is the Most High, the Grand.” ” Do you not see that ships sail through the sea by the favor of Allah that He may show you of His signs?” ” Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful.” Which surah is this? This is verse 30,31 and 32 of chapter Luqman, chapter number 31, and it is a Meccian chapter of 34 verses! Blessed is the Allah! I can only explain this as the will of Allah! And the page number is 411 Okay! A very similar verse, ” That is because Allah is the Truth, and that what they call upon other than Him is [indeed] the falsehood, and because Allah is the Most High, the Grand.” – Which surah is that?
– This is surat Al-Hajj, a Madinian chapter Continue reading from there then ” That is because Allah is the Truth, and that what they call upon other than Him is falsehood, and because Allah is the Most High, the Grand.” ” Do you not see that Allah has sent down rain from the sky and the earth becomes green? Indeed, Allah is Subtle and Acquainted.” So now we all agree that there are very important tips that will make it much easier for you to memorize the Qur’an successfully One of the most important tips is to segment each chapter you memorize into sections based on topic Topics could be stories, a series of rulings, etc. For example, say you wish to memorize Surat An-Nazi`at. So you are just starting! So Allah Almighty starts this surah by ” By those [angels] who extract with violence. And [by] those who remove with ease.” The next section starts with “Has there reached you the story of Moses?” So it’s a beginning of a story So may choose the verses before the story as a section Then next time you memorize, the story if Musa would be your second section You memorize till the verse: “As provision for you and your grazing livestock.” And stop there! Third day you start a new section: ” But when there comes the greatest Overwhelming Calamity” Till the end, “It will be, on the Day they see it, as though they had not remained [in the world] except for an afternoon or a morning thereof.” In this way, you divided this chapter based on the topic The first section the beginning of the surah, the second is the story of Musa, and the last about the day of Judgement The reason why I recommend this way of dividing the chapters based on topic The reason is that this improves your understanding of the Qur’an, which within itself, a very beautiful thing Also, this tip -which I’ve personally followed too- you will find the task of memorizing much easier as linked to topics – My beloved Sheikh Ahmad
– Yes! Suratul-Qadr, ” Indeed, We sent it [the Qur’an] down during the Night of Decree.” I want you to recite it in different Qira’at What way do you recite with currently? I recite with all the Qira’at (recitation ways) Read them Suratul-Qadr In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. ” Indeed, We sent the Qur’an down during the Night of Decree.” Okay, now I want it according to the recitation of Warsh The recitation of Al-Bazi Al-Bazi and Qunbul from Ibn Katheer The will of Allah! Continue! This is according to Hafs? Hafs from Asim And Warsh? Allah’s will! And Ad-Duri? What is the Tajweed ruling in ” Ina Anzlnahu”? Specifically the elongation! This is a separation permitted elongation It is to be elongated for 2, 4, or 5 units khayrun min alfi shahr The Tanween sign followed by Meem letter! A full Idgham with nasalized sound for 2 units I think everyone here behind the scenes, our staff, our teachers and shuyouk, as well as you, viewers I’m sure you all have enjoyed this session So say to yourself, this is the will of Allah, because this is part of the wonders of this noble Qur’an This clear light, and the last revelation of our Lord’s words, revealed to our prophet, and … – May peace and blessings be upon him
– ..upon him, his family and companions May Allah bless you all, and bless you Sheikh Ahmad ‘ Indeed, the high mountains over the horizons, they all tremble when hearing the Qur’an recited’ ‘Preserve Allah’s book by memorizing it, and it shall preserve you. How lucky are those who do!’ ‘ Indeed, the high mountains over the horizons, they all tremble when hearing the Qur’an recited’ ‘ Preserve Allah’s book by memorizing it, and it shall preserve you. How lucky are those who do!’