– Honestly, I’m looking
at the Dollywood episode, and I’m wondering how someone has not snapped me up for television. I don’t think I told
anyone about that ever. I literally did not.
– What happened? – Really?
– Okay off camera, Chelsea. (upbeat music) (hands clapping. Hi guys.
(Chelsea laughing) it’s Tess from Iconic Eats. We are here today with
Chelsea, believe it or not. – And I’m not shooting, or am I? Is there two of me? – Oh no, oh no. This is why we can’t
let her have anything. Burn it all down! We’re looking back at
some of the best moments from season one, answering questions, just generally wondering at the marvel that this show has become. Which is pretty nuts.
– Yeah. – I might let you talk today. We’ll see how I’m feeling. – [Interviewer] Literally, episode one. How did this even happen? – We get asked a lot how the
series actually happened, why the idea to eat our
way through theme parks would ever occur to anyone. I actually had pitched the show as like, eating my way through
like my favorite burgers of New York City or my favorite beignets of New Orleans or something like that. – Queue burger episode. – Queue burger episode,
that was a good episode. that was our first video together. I’m gonna eat five cheeseburgers today. I’m gonna do it all by myself, I’m ready. I don’t know if you can tell, but my pants are unzipped. – Yeah. – Which is great! And Chelsea and I were headed
on a press trip to Disney, for something entirely unrelated. What if we do the burger episode, but inside the theme park? Disney, God bless ’em, was like please eat our clam chowder. It’s a looking pretty dense in there. On a 100-degree day. – Oh, I forgot about the clam chowder. – Didn’t know my hair was so short. – Oh yeah. – I mean what’s funny about this is we didn’t know it was gonna be a thing. We shot it as a one-off episode, just to bring another
video back to the office. We put it on YouTube
and everyone hated me. – Aw.
No don’t aw, it’s so true. – Well no it’s–
– I’ll never forgive them. – What did they say? – Oh, that my voice is
like nails on a chalkboard. – That’s so mean. – I haven’t done anything
to rectify that, whatev. – Whatever. – But no, literally a
million people watched it, and we were like, okay,
we’re onto something here. I mean to this day people tell me I look miserable when I’m doing this. You have to understand, as
I’ve mentioned many times, I am a Jew from New Jersey
who does better in the cold. I have to go to Florida every six weeks for work now, and I have
to eat for 12 hours a day. So, I think I’m allowed. But anyway, yeah so as
we were eating our way through Disneyland I got
progressively redder and redder. Also I would like to take this time to note that I have SPF 50 on me at any given point in time. – She does, she does, I can confirm. – And you will yell at
me to reapply as we go. – I will yell at you, I will yell at you. – So I’m good, thank you
so much for your concern. – Yeah, you look, especially when we got to that hot dog moment at the end. – I have fan art now
from that hotdog moment. – Really?
– I’m so famous. – Wait where? I’ve never seen that. – [Tess] I’m wildly famous
in central Florida Chelsea. – [Chelsea] Okay. – I mean now, going into the parks we have a bit of a shtick
where we start strong, we’re enjoying ourselves, we hit a breaking point,
and we’re not anymore, but you have to realize that
this Disneyland episode, that was not the case, I was– – We had no idea, so like you, there was no pacing yourself. Like this was just like, “Oh, let me see if I can do this.” And then you like died. – Yes, I was not well. – What is your worst
decline on an episode? Which episode? – So we’re talking like
I started so strong, I was really having a great time– – And then you just like.
– A switch flipped? – Yeah.
– And I became dark Tess? – Yes. – It may very well be Dollywood. I was sprawled on the
ground at a certain– – Oh yeah you were. – I’m pretty sure I
ended up on the streets of Pigeon Forge.
– Wait I’m pulling that up. So why was this the hardest for you? – Well, now I’m chewing. But you’re gonna say Animal Kingdom, yes? – Yeah, oh my god!
– That was terrible. – I mean I love Animal Kingdom, maybe might be my favorite one. It is so hot, because there’s
all this like foliage, and jungle, you don’t realize that it’s really hard to breathe, and I have this camera, which
isn’t the heaviest thing, but when you’re holding–
– It’s not light. – I thought I was gonna
pass out a couple of times, and then Tess was taking care of me, so that was, thanks. – We sat her down in Pandora. – Yeah, yeah.
– Took a quick– – Took a little bit, break.
– I think I was drinking my margarita still.
– (laughs) I think you were! Oh yeah. – No, but I remember
wrapping Animal Kingdom, and we were laying on
the floor of your room. – Oh yeah, we did.
– And we smelled, terrible. – So bad (laughs).
– We smelled so bad, and we didn’t, there
was nothing to be done. Oh my god, and then, wait, wait, wait, then we went to Epcot and
we had dinner in Italy. – Oh yeah.
(both laughing) – we ate more. – I had such a good chicken parm in Italy. – I had pesto pasta. – It was incredible. – Wait, and we were looking at each other, and we were like, “I
can’t believe I’m hungry” like and we just like kept eating. I’m spitting again,
but like we kept going. Like we finished like
three quarters of our meal and we were like, let’s not
speak of this ever again. Someone, I read, someone yesterday said we need couples counseling. I don’t really want people
to think that I like you. – It’s fine.
– These trips are not, like a quick hit–
– No. – And then we turn around and go. – No. – There’s a lot of
pre-production involved. In between Disneyland and Harry Potter, we added the map aspects, so that there was this element of service. You weren’t just wondering aimlessly through the parks shoving
food in your face like, “I saw Tess do it”, like
you were actually like, you know like I saw the butter beer here, and I saw the ice cream here, or whatever. – I’m watching the train
moment of Dollywood. Excuse me, this is cute. – Honestly, I’m looking
at the Dollywood episode, and I’m wondering how someone has not snapped me up for television. I am such good content, it’s wild. (Chelsea laughing) Dollywood, I have a soft spot
for the Dollywood episode. I’m looking at this
ploughman’s platter now and– – Learning what you
don’t, what you can’t eat. You avoid greens. – There’s not enough magic in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to make me eat that (bleep)
broccoli, I’m not touching it. I came home I was watching the comments as they rolled in. Harry Potter was an incredible spike, like I woke up one morning, and it was like 750,000
people watched this, or whatever it was. So that was where I learned
I had to really commit to this bit of actually eating. – Actually eating, yeah. – Not caring if there was food on my face, now I only care if you don’t tell me that there’s food on my face.
– I don’t do that. – Literally never. There’s always (bleep) food
on my face, but anyway, I mean this also was like where we learned to incorporate like viewer feedback a lot, so we go through the comments. This is where the comments
about being very concerned about our leftovers came in. But yeah, as far as leftovers, because that continues to be something that everyone is concerned
about, which I understand. We literally, behind the camera, like not only is Chelsea helping me eat, and sometimes I finish a thing, like please let it be
know that I am capable of finishing a thing. – A fizzy drink, what was that called? In Magic Kingdom, for Christmas. – The tis’ the season. – Tis’ the season, real time.
– Crushed it. – Yep.
– Crushed it. The parogies at Hershy Park. – Oh my gosh!
– Crushed. – Okay yeah. – If I don’t crush it completely, I’ll hand it off to
Chelsea, she’ll help me. If Chelsea can’t finish
it, in every single park– – There’s PR people.
– We are not just wondering rouge, in a theme park–
– Yeah, it’s not just us. – With a giant camera, like we always have a team with us and so like if I’m not finishing the food, if Chelsea can’t crush it, there’s a team of people who will eat it. – It does.
– In the rare occasion, specifically in Coney Island, because that was New York City, and we are the way we are, we gave our food to people.
– But we should also just– – Wait, wait, wait–
– What? – This is my favorite moment
of Harry Potter World. The moment I slurped
grape boba into my face, from a magical Harry Potter
drink and went (gags) to the camera. I was like “okay we’re doing this”, this is a thing now and–
– A commitment. – This is who I am. – [Interviewer] Can you talk about the worst ride situation, Tess? – It’s Dolly, it’s got to be Dolly. With the little, you know, ’cause I think I told you
that I was gonna shoot it slow mo in Dollywood,
with the blue flight guys. – Oh my god, I can’t remember that. Oh!
– That! – That was the one where
I had to poop right after. – I wasn’t intentionally
going to roll sound on it, and I just hear her berating me from like, I’m on the ground she’s
on the ride (laughs). – Treat other people how you
would like to be treated. So, yes, Dollywood was a rough ride, the Dinoland conclusion of Animal Kingdom was not fun. – I forgot about Dinoland. – Like sometimes when
I’m sitting up there, and I am berating Chelsea I’m like, “Take it in it’s very magical, “and this is your job, and it’s wonderful, “and lovely, and nice” and you know that’s always
in the back of my head when we’re doing these things. It’s a good halfway point to kind of mark the descent of my imminent death. Epcot started strong. – We started strong, oh
we started in New Mexico. – Hot tip, always bring your ID with you when you’re drinking in amusement parks. – [Chelsea] Oh yeah, no wait did that– – I had a great time in Epcot. – You did. – I loved that plum wine. – The plum wine. – The Tokyo sunrise.
– Yeah. – The fiesta margarita,.
– Yeah. – The minty pineapple. German pretzel bae, who was
also a tall drink of something. – Can we talk about him? – Oh, I loved him. – German pretzel bae is what
Tess decided to call him. He was so cute and he–
– Wait, let’s look at him. – Yeah, where is he? – He told me to eat my
pretzel with mustard. And I was like, “you bet I will.” Pretzel bae, there he is. – Oh there he is, in beer and what was it? What did this guy say? – He liked your camera.
– He liked my camera. – I liked him. I am married by the way. I do get a lot of–
– Yeah. – Comments about that.
– That’s so funny. – You know, maybe German
pretzel guy is my hall pass, you don’t know my life. Anyway, yeah so that’s all to say when you suspect that I’m
getting drunker as we go, I generally am getting drunker as we go. She was totally drunk by UK. Oh my god the fish and chips (laughs). – That was-
– We have to talk about that. – Real, that was, I
panicked when that happened. – That wasn’t a drunk mistake though. That was a bee attacking me, and it– – Can confirm a bee. Doesn’t the bee show up? Like isn’t the bee– – If you look close enough
you can see that bee. I would say another
comment that I get a lot that sometimes I get upset about is that people think I
drop my food on purpose? (Tess gasping) – No.
– Who do you think I am that I’m in a theme park
just like,a and walking away? I would never do that. Obviously I hate bees and
whatever else is near my body, that’s why I drop my food. – And geckos. – Can you confirm that
I always clean it up? – She always does, she does. – Did you not watch my in Animal Kingdom kneel down to the ground and pick up a scoop of ice cream with my bare hands? I did that. – Here we go. Okay, not yet.
– Where is it? – You show it, you show it off, this is awesome–
– It was so good. – We did it.
– See! – there it is!
– There it is, you can see. – And then it’s done. (both laughing) – And there oh, oh, oh no. – R-I-P – R-I-P thanks to our Epcot episode, we know the best bathrooms (laughs). – Oh yeah, I maintain that
the cleanest bathrooms of any of these parks,
is in Norway in Epcot, and Disney, Orlando, Florida. And you can trust me on that, because I break to go to the
bathroom, anywhere from– – I’m sorry. – From five to 20 times per shoot. I don’t know what’s funny
about that, it’s true. She’s just mad cause she has to re-mic me every time ’cause it’s like I’m just, I just have to like slide
everything down my body. And then wriggle it back up ’cause I’m so disgusting
by that point in time. – The end of this video
I think was the first, of Epcot, was the first
time that I started to really realize the things
that made Tess afraid, and or uncomfortable, IE
bugs, lizards, geckos. – Enough people have corrected
me now that I know it– – I mean they’re lizards. – What lives in Florida, aren’t lizards. – They like have like a red gullet. – Oh disgusting. – Epcot turkey leg. We’ve arrived. – So proud. – I can see in the decline of optimism, right, right, right there. – I would argue I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I would argue I was excited, and so quickly turned off. – Oh yeah, I’m really glad
that I shot that in slow mo. – I guess my best advice is to just commit when you eat a turkey leg. You already made the decision to eat it, so you gotta bite hard
and just don’t look back. Yeah, so the first one was Epcot, the second one was Dollywood, we went right in to another turkey leg. – And then we went into,
does Hershy have one too? – Hershy had one too. – Let me see how you did
the turkey leg in Dollywood. It’s like, it’s an attractive turkey leg. – That’s not a series of words that could ever go together. They also always come out of the what, however you cook a turkey leg burning hot. – Yeah. – Like I have burnt my hands
like grasping these things. – And greasy, like bring some wet naps. I don’t know but Lego Land was my favorite turkey
leg, for obvious reasons. – [Interviewer] Who’s idea was it to? – It’s definitely my idea. – It’s not my idea. Would this be a good time to talk about how she doesn’t want me to sit down? – [Interviewer] Yes.
– Okay. I mean there’s a popular
argument on the internet that the reason I drop so much of my food is because Chelsea won’t let me sit down, and balance it properly
to take a bite out of it. We keep bringing up Lego Land, like those funnel cakes that
like literally took the width of my hand to balance, would have been so much
easier to just carve into had I had a second to sit. But.
(Chelsea laughing) – Sometimes, I let you sit down. I let you sit down in Animal Kingdom. – Yeah, because you wanted to
sit down in Animal Kingdom. – Also true. – I just wanted to drink
my (beep) margarita. That’s all I wanted. – No, I’m not gonna let
her sit in season two. We’re on the move to bring
you an awesome video. Got to get through it. How many items are we getting
through most of these videos? – The magic number is 20. – And we have to walk at all these places. – We do a lot, I mean– – We do a lot of walking. We also count steps when we can. Usually I have her remove
her little tracker. – [Interviewer] How many
steps do you usually do? – Oh we know. – We clock in at like 20,000. – Yeah, it’s like 20,000 steps
for an episode, easy, easy. – Yeah.
– Steps. – It’s a long day. – It’s insane, it is a
long, it is a long day. – We have start times starting at– – Well the earliest was Star Wars. – The earliest was Star Wars. – And waking me up is already hard. – Oh Chelsea, do not talk to me about waking you up before Star Wars, because I will publicly humiliate, I will destroy you.
– Nope. – I don’t think I told
anyone about that ever. I literally did not.
– What happened? – Really?
– Okay off camera, Chelsea– (upbeat trumpet music) it’s not easy to pinpoint– – Favorite food? I think I know what my favorite foods are. – I could off the top of my head pull my favorite food from each park. Phew, if I had to pick
a favorite, favorite. Okay, if we’re running through– – We’re running through.
– I can do this. I can do it so fast.
– Yeah let’s do it. – Ready, okay.
– Okay let’s go. – Ready?
– Disneyland go. – Churro, number one at Disneyland. – Oh okay, Harry Potter? – Butter beer ice cream.
– Epcot? – Fish and chips. – Dollywood? – We loved the pulled pork mac & cheese. – Pulled pork mac & cheese. – I loved the Carolina
Gold BBQ pork sandwich. – Oh, yeah. Coney?
– The Nathans hot dog. That’s immediately where I would go. – Galaxy’s Edge, the ronto wrap. – Animal Kingdom? – Animal Kingdom, the lubia for sure. I loved my margarita. – Hershy Park? – I would argue the sweet and
savory hand-rolled pretzels were luscious. Horror Nights! I loved the potato on a stick. No!
– No. – The bento box. – Yeah, the bento box. Okay yeah, that’s a good one. Lego Land? – Apple fries. – And then Magic Kingdom
for the holiday episode. What was your favorite Christmas food? – The kakamora float,
the coconut dole whip. – Oh really?
– Mm-hmm (affirmative). – So I think we need to, perfect segue, to talk about the ice cream debacle. – Are you talking about cone-gate? – Oh, cone-gate(laughs). – [Interviewer] The
video’s go to top left. – Does–
– I just snorted! – Oh God, great. – Please explain, please
explain your actions. – I don’t really feel like
I need to explain myself, but I will say, I feel such conviction that the best bite of a soft-serve cone, which sure I bit a bit pre-preemptively, is when all the melty bits
enter the crunchy bottom, and you just get one like,
one like perfect gulp. I did go too far.
(Chelsea laughing) I can say that now. I can say that now, and I so apologize for my misgivings, but I felt no remorse at the time, until I choked down dry
cone like all the way down. – Oh yeah. Favorite episode and favorite park. – Yeah, so I love Disney and Universal. Obviously I feel fondness for Dollywood. Even though I solemnly swear to never go back to
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. – Don’t hate. – Favorite Episode.
– Yeah. – I love Horror Nights.
– Really? – I didn’t love filming Horror Nights, that wasn’t the best. – It was such, it’s my favorite. – You had too much fun at Horror Nights, for me to have loved it
while we were doing it. I actually, I very rarely get sassy with Chelsea off camera in the parks, starting that episode after
I was physically shaking from the yeti house.
– Yeah. – So going into the episode, I was very sassy with Chelsea, and I was like no, no
with the scare zones. So we kind of had to like, walk in non-scare zones, but then you would like
just kind of put me in one, I wouldn’t realize it was happening. – And then I would walk , and just pray for my life and safety. So let’s watch Coney Island.
– Who do I think I am wearing that?
– Look how big that, that is a big drink. – You may never let me wear
spaghetti straps again. That was a choice. – How many slices of lemon and lime are just floating like fish? – Oh you know what was fun about Coney? One was like it really did feel so like inherently New York, in that the people who ended
up in the background shot were angry, they didn’t
want us to be there, like we didn’t, like we
were just like we get it. We don’t normally want
people around us either, but so many people told me I was doing things wrong as we went. Like I folded my pizza wrong, – I took that beer. – You took the beer out of my drink, you were supposed to let
it gradually flow into it, and I love that. I love to be told that I’m wrong. Oh, those nachos were good!
– They were incredible. – I forgot about those nachos. Good sour cream ratio. – Wait no something, I think the Nachos smell like weed, like no somebody on Coney
Island boardwalk was in heaven. – No Coney Island was wild, it really was. – Yep. – Very stark contrast from
whatever we shot before, and whatever came after. – Lobster rolls, you don’t like seafood, or is that not true you just don’t like– – Crustaceans are disgusting. – They’re sea bugs. – No I–
– No. – Crab tastes like mud, and no one will ever be
able to convince me– – And yet you like shrimp. – Yeah, shrimp is good. Wait Hershy, I really
forgot that we started, and I was dressed for a 95-degree day, and we showed up at like
7:45, or whatever time it was, and it was like 55 and cloudy. – It was beautiful. – Which is why I was in such
a good mood the whole episode. – We were eating that ice
cream s’mores, it was a s’more? Also now that monkey bread, now we’re at the monkey
bread, it’s just like– – Oh my god I forgot
about that pooling sauce at the bottom of the monkey bread. – That was yum. – Then the (beep) turkey leg.
– Turkey leg. – Jesus, they were not
(beep) around at Hershy Park. – No.
– They were ready to eat. – Yeah.
– I did a terrible job. – That was a smaller, in comparison, that’s a smaller turkey leg. – There’s no such thing as
a manageable turkey leg, that’s fake news. – It’s a good bite. – It was, it was fun,
Hershy Park was a good time. – They also knew how to
do their smoked meats. – Yeah, those ribs. Lego Land felt like a different beast. It was, there were very
few childless millennials. Normally we feel very at home, like people, will come up to us, and be excited we’re there and– – More just children. – We’ll see people our age, this was not that. It was a very family-oriented park. This moment in Lego land is
my parents’ favorite moment of any episode I shot.
– Oh in the car? I remember my dad called me after it went live and he was like, he’s like “the moment you stole the car “from the child, and you were very upset” he was like “It’s good
stuff”, I’m like, okay, so thanks dad.
– See? Your dad likes to see you suffer too. – He does. Just the worst. That’s an all time low. – Wait no pause, did
the kid just back away, like, he didn’t even, rewind. – I didn’t intentionally
take that car from him, I just needed–
– He literally, look, he’s like so excited “I’m gonna go to this, I’m
gonna go to this red car”, you get on the car, and
he’s just like “No, oh no.” – He’s like “This (beep)”
– Oh back up. I think it was an all
time high, not a low. – Yeah, Lego Land was a
marathon, not a sprint. – I think we’ve just about exhausted these 11 theme parks, yeah?
– Yeah. – Yeah.
– Yeah, yeah. – Yeah, we’re looking
forward to season two. I know it may seem like we’re not, that we hate each other blah, blah, blah, but actually we have a lot of fun, and we’re very excited that people take something away from the show. Whatever it is you’re taking away from it. So, I’m excited for season two. – I’m excited for season two. – Questions, comments, concerns, thoughts on season two, comment. – Comment please. – I’ve never wanted to be a
person who’s like “comment”, but comment, that would be great. – You’re never gonna
see me on camera again. – I don’t believe that’s true. (lips smooching)
(both laughing) – [Tess] See you next year (laughs).