‘In a journey to everywhere’ ‘Between cities and nations’ ‘In the presence of the Wise Remembrance’ ‘The Lord of all hearts Has unified us… Has unified us all.’ ‘And for the sake of memorizing the book’ ‘We have knocked every door’ ‘We shall continue this right path, before things come to an end’ By the will of Allah almighty In this show , Traveler with the Qur’an 2 We will discuss a very great and important topic, it is the contemplation of my Lord’s speech But before we talk about the meaning, importance, and means of contemplation, We need to establish a certain knowledge of how great this Qur’an is And that Allah almighty Himself glorified it Within its own verses, Allah SWT glorifies this speech He says;”Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book whose verses are perfected” “and then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Acquainted.” “Qaf. By the honored Qur’an…” “Indeed, We will cast upon you a heavy word.” “Say, “If mankind and the jinn gathered in order” “to produce the like of this Qur’an,” “they could not produce the like of it,” “even if they were to each other assistants.” “Then I swear by the setting of the stars,” “And indeed, it is an oath – if you could know – [most] great.” “Indeed, it is a noble Qur’an” “Sad. By the Qur’an containing reminder…” Allah SWT honors his words in many verses So, how can we Ignore to glorify the words of our Lord This family emigrated from Egypt to Al-Madinah Al-Monawarah for the sake of the Qur’an I met Abu-Al-Bara’a and his family in The City of our beloved Muhammad SAW Honestly, it is a great family This is an important message to every family wishes to have happiness and success in Dunyah The first one to meet in this family is their elder son, Al-Bara’a whoever sees you now, youth, families or parents The youth wants to be like you,Parents want their children to be like you as Hufadh who lives with the Qur’an – How did you, Sheikh, start memorizing the Book of Allah SWT? -In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. – I stared early in my life before going to school
– Yes – I started by virtue of Allah then of my father, may Allah preserve him – At that time it was little – Then gradually I got used to it, praise to Allah – Then Allah blessed me, and I was able to memorize the whole Qur’an
– Yes – I was almost in the third grade, about 9 years old – But how old were you when you started, before school? – About 6 years old – And finished at 9
– Yes – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to Allah – Ma’sha’Allah, Sheikh Bilal, -when did you started to memorize the Qur’an?
– At grade 1 – Ma’sha’Allah, and when did you finish it?
– Last year ” And that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], of the Book is the truth, confirming…” ” …is the truth, confirming what was before it.” ” Indeed, Allah , of His servants, is Acquainted and Seeing.” Here is their leader and father. He’s the guide of this journey He’s the one who established this beautiful family with love for the Qur’an – Sheikh tell me, how did you start encouraging your children to memorize the Qur’an – [All praise is [due] to Allah, Al-Bara’a and Bilal follow 3 of my daughters – I thank Allah that the girls also memorized Allah’s book – I married them all earlier, – and now all my time is dedicated to Al-Bara’a and Bilal – Allah has honored me much through my son Al-Bara’a – He’s always been inclined towards good since an early age – He even used to seclude himself for reading books since an early age – especially in religion, praise to Allah – Allah blessed me and him with Sanad connected to the prophet, may peace be upon him – Then he found his own way, so he doesn’t need me anymore – What about you? Were you a hafidh at an early age – or memorized with your children? – I praise Allah much, for when I was single, I didn’t memorize the Qur’an Only the verses I learned in school Then Allah blessed me with their mother, may He make her in His Jannah She encouraged me to memorize it all And she was a woman from a practicing knowledgeable household – And this how I started!
– Is she a hafidhah too? – Yes, she is.
– Ma’sha‘Allah – Yes she taught me the Qur’an in one year
– Beautiful The father, mother, 3 daughters, and 2 sons All of them hold the words of Allah SWT! Abu-Al-Bara’a didn’t only care for the memorization of the Qur’an But he cared about their learning of various scholarly poems This was only possible through a daily consistent effort of both parents I noticed a notebook sitting on Shiekh Abu-Al-Bara’a lap all the time – I’m extremely curious to know what this is! – We started this book when Al-Bara’a reached grade 7, – this is when he started going to Al-Haram’s Academy – Before that was only Qur’an, -but there we both learned about the hadeeth narrations – By shiekh Abdul-Muhsin Al-Qasim, the Imam of Al-Haram may Allah bless him – I found good in learning that and seeking knowledge – So I wished for my children to combine the memorization of Allah’s Book, – with seeking knowledge in their faith, more benefits – So we started by “The Nullifiers of Islam” – and on to all 4 levels of the program with sheikh Muhsin – Al-Bara’a memorized 26 Matn (narrations) – Bilal has reached 16 – Bilal hasn’t proceeded into the level of the narrations of recitations – So which ones did you learen,in first level? – “The Nullifiers of Islam”, “The Four Rules” – “The three Foundations” and “The 40 Al-Nawa’wiya” – In level 2: “Tuhfatul Atfal”, “Al-Biyquoni”, – “The book of Tawheed”, and “The Conditions of Prayer” – In level 3: the poem of Abu-Is`haq Al-Albeeri, Al-Ajroomiya introduction, and “Al-Wasatiyah Theology” – Level 4: “Al-tah`awiyah Theology”, “Arrahabiyah”, – “Alwaraqat”, and “The headlines of Wisdom” – We needed a schedule to revise the books – So their mother came up with this idea, may Allah bless her – She made this book? – Yes, let’s say he’s scheduled to revise – the memorized ” Nillifiers of Islam” today
– Yes – Once he’s done, he gets the mark for it – Then he has “Al-Dur’rah”- Al-Bara’a’s memorized half of it – Then he has “Al-Alfiyah”, he reads it and gets the mark – every time he revises a poem, he gets the mark – Then the 40 Nawawiyah, everyday, 4 hadeeths of it – Then he has 30 Hadeeth from Al-Umdah – All of that in one day?
– Yes daily – But we didn’t start with that much because it’s too much for beginning – We rather increase the load gradually as they became more comfortable with it – Now they are so used to it that it doesn’t take much time – They memorized so well now that they quickly finish them – For Qur’an, they have to finish it at least once every 20 days, maximum 25 days – This is other than his revision with his teacher ” When the sun comes up on the sky, it’s a sign…” “… for my greeting to you in peace, so return the greeting” ” May the peace of the most merciful descend at each hour…” ” with ease, comfort, bounties, and blessings” ” ..Upon the companions, the descendants, and relatives” ” They were called to good, so they obeyed and generously gave” ” And upon whoever followed the pure Sunnah..” “.. and didn’t deviate from it, and that’s its right upon them” ‘ How happy are the hufadh…’ ‘ How happy are the hufadh…’ ‘ How happy are the hufadh with the Qur’an, at all times’ ” O people, an example is presented, so listen to it.” ” Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as]” ” a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose.” ” And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing,” ” they could not recover it from him.” ” Weak are the pursuer and pursued.” ” They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal” ” Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.” ‘ A light of goodness for life’ ‘ by which we are seek Allah’s forgiveness’ ‘ From within the bodies and hearts’ ‘ a light shined with brightness’ ‘So beautifully it’s recite among the creation’ ‘And the universe returned back and forth its echo’ ‘ When it revealed the guidance’ ‘ .. our Qur’an is the true salvation’ ‘ Read and recite it in awe’ ‘ Miss it till your tears flow down’ ‘ It magically runs through all the veins’ ‘ leaving behind it but abundant light’ – What is the ambition of Sheikh Al-Bara’a? – Well, I choose my dedication long time ago to be the Qur’an – So I memorized it, and currently learn the recitations – I wish to be a reference when it comes to the Qur’an – .. From reciting it, interpreting it, etc. – Does that mean that once you finish from Al-Haram Academy, – you’ll join the collage of Quira’at? – The collage of Qur’anic sciences
– By the will of Allah – I have high hopes in Allah SWT- and I hope shiekh Abul-Kabeer hears me – I hope that Allah makes my son just like him – I met him, and I has been his student, me and my son – Although I was almost his father’s age, – but I was the most disciplined of his students, praise to Allah – For continuously, 2 month, I was never late not even once. – Me and Al-Bara’a used to be the 1st to reach the masjid – It’s for my teacher and because I wanted to set an example – I was the only adult in class, all others were children and teenagers – I was 45 years old, – so I wanted them all to see how important this class is – Set an example
– May Allah bless you – I used to set to this teacher, – and feel I was a child in front of him – I could never raise my gaze to meet his gaze ever! – How old were he? – About 25 or 26 years old – May Allah bless him – But he’s a man that fit the prophet’s description; – A man whom when you see, you remember Allah SWT!
– Allah’s Greater. – I see him like this and Allah knows better – [All] praise is [due] to Allah, I got my Sanad from him, – so as Al-Bara’a – I tell my son that I wish to see him one day, – a teacher in Al-Haram, or any Masjid – A teacher who teaches people the Qur’an I also remind him always by the example of Al-Haram scholars The hold Allah’s words, and they lead the nations All people pray behind them; rich and poor; – kings and minsters; all of them follow – My hope in Allah before I meet Him, or after my dead – To see them scholars who teach people the Qur’an – I need nothing else Invest in your children, and be keen getting them to memorize the Noble Qur’an It all starts from you as a parent! – How happy was you father when you recited him the last verses of Qur’an? – Please describe it to me, because you learned from your father – He was even more happy than I was – We made du’a together for finishing the Qur’an – Imagine the son memorizing the Qur’an under his father’s teacher – Imagine the son reaching the very last verse, and reciting it – Imagine the father raising his hands with the son making the dua`a for finishing the Qur’an – Imagine both of them then prostrating in gratitude to Allah – For that Great blessing of his son’s memorization of Qur’an – By Allah, it’s a feeling that can’t be described – I ask Allah to preserve it in your heart – I was sitting with them and my wife yesterday, recalling Memories – we were all together With this notebook with me as usual They were all revising for each others, whoever’s ready comes to see me I was in tears looking at all of them and said; ‘Oh Allah, shower us with Your mercy’ ‘ this house is loud with people who are remembering You’ I want to remind my dear brothers and sisters, – that a house in which Allah is remembered shines in light, just like the stars shine in dark nights I ask Allah to grant us sincerity and acceptance We live in a great mercy of Allah SWT He provides for us abundantly Abundance of material, and abundance of psychological and spiritual peace [All] praise is [due] to Allah And they have worldly pleasures that no one else have! – Can you advise the youth? – Well, the most common excuse for youth is saying the Qur’an is hard
– Right! – Allah SWT says: ” And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?” – The scholars interpreted this remembrance by memorizing His words – So do you say it’s hard when your Lord told you it is easy?! – Of course it is easy as the Qur’an said – Some say if we make such commitment, – we will no longer have time for fun with our friends, and chilling out – Well, look at me, I enjoy the most fun any guy would look for – I chill out with friends regularly – The weekends are 100% my time, no studying whatsoever, except for my Qur’an revision – So no studying books or going to school, – only enjoying my time. I go out with my friends – Congratulations to you, your parents, – and to all your friends who enjoy your company and learn the Qur’an from you ‘Indeed the giant mountains over the horizon’ ‘They tremble by hearing of the Qur’an recitation’ ‘So preserve the book of Allah and it will always preserve you’ ‘How happy are the hufadh with the Quran, at all times’ – Can we describe the way Allah glorified this Qur’an? – Especially that Allah describes trembling mountains for its recitation – But some don’t feel any moved by it! – It’s about two elements: a rock mountain, – and a miserable human being – The difference between the two is that- Allah tells about this – If the Qur’an descends on the rock mountain, – You would see it humble for its promises and trembling from its warnings – Then comes the miserable human, – who’s heart is harder that the rocks of that mountain – The Qur’anic promises never move him, and the strong warnings never scare him! – That’s why Allah SWT said, ” If We had sent down this Qur’an upon a mountain,” ” you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah” – And said in Ar`rad: ” And if there was any Qur’an by which the mountains would be removed” ” or the earth would be broken apart” ” or the dead would be made to speak” – The answer for this condition wasn’t mentioned – It’s implied and clear that [it would be This Qur’an]! – So the condition’s answer is implied by the meaning – That meaning that is firm in hearts of believers, righteous, – and those who are knowledgeable of Allah’s words – That’s why Allah SWT glorified the Qur’an, – so that the Muslims and believers increase in feeling His glory when they hear His speech! – This is not just easy words, it’s the speech of the Master of the Universe – Descended with trusted Angels – And the greatest honor for Jibril, peace be upon him – is to be the one to descend with this Great speech – That’s why Allah highted Jibril ranks, – for how great the words he descended with – And when the Jews spoke few disrespectful words about him – The Qur’an descended with his defense, – and bearing witness of his truthfulness – All this honor, because he was a messenger with those great words – Allah SWT said, “Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel – it is [none but]” ” he who has brought the Qur’an down upon your heart”” – Of the reasons of the very high status and ranks of Jibril – that his enemy is Allah’s enemy – Is that he’s the one who descended with the Qur’an into our prophet’s heart – This is all part of how much Allah has glorified this Qur’an – And no one is more knowledgeable of Allah’s words than Allah! – And scholars say, and maybe you already learned that – They say, All the Qur’an is Great, – and the greatest of its verses is Allah’s speech about Allah!
– Allah! – So when the verse comes with description of Allah’s attributes and names – His complete perfection and perfect completion – Then this causes more awe in the hearts – And a stronger impact on the souls – Indeed one may spend large portion of his life, – Listening to verses about Allah’s Greatness – His power, his creation, His mercy… – And finds not a little fear, awe, or effect – We don’t say this is not a believer! – But we say, he’s so far away from what is sought of complete Iman – That’s why Allah glorified himself in his great Book – So, the Qur’an, is our source of knowledge of our Lord, source of life – We need nothing more than knowing our Creator And there is no way to know Him, except with the Qur’an! – Scholars said about the verse ” So high [above all] is Allah , the Sovereign, the Truth” ” And, [O Muhammad], do not hasten with [recitation of] the Qur’an” ” before its revelation is completed to you, and say,” ” “My Lord, increase me in knowledge.”” – They said; it means increase me in knowledge of the Qur’an! – And any other knowledge we don’t need as much, – except for the Sunnah of our beloved, may peace be upon him. ‘When I breathe the essence of my soul’ ‘and the door of goodness opens for me’ ‘That’s when the soul flows with its scent’ ‘The perfume of love throughout the gardens’ ‘We travel in the journey of Qur’an’ ‘along the roads of goodness and to home lands ‘ ‘with the noble target of life’ ‘it’s to win the acceptance of Allah’ ‘In the company of the Qur’an, the journey is sweet’ ‘Through the lights with reflections’ ‘With souls by impression’ ‘It has all the good and evidence’ ‘From the Qur’an to mankind’ ‘In all horizons and universes’ ‘We are in its journey at all times’ ‘Our only wish is acceptance of Allah’