‘In a journey to everywhere’ ‘Between cities and nations’ ‘In the presence of the Wise Remembrance’ ‘The Lord of all hearts Has unified us… Has unified us all.’ ‘And for the sake of memorizing the book’ ‘We have knocked every door’ ‘We shall continue this right path, before things come to an end’ What I have noticed in Indonesia that the hufadh have difficulty in pronouncing the letters But may Allah reward sheikh Yusuf He tried to solve this problem He interviewed many Arabic-speaking Sheikhs Especially from Yemen He invited them to Indonesia to teach locals the perfect pronunciation of the Arabic letters I believe this is one of his smartest ideas To have brought proficient Instructors – Praise to Allah, this year we brought 6 teachers from Yemen – They are from the best teachers in Yemen, ma’sha’Allah – They have excellent experience in teaching memorization of the Qur’an – Praise to Allah, this land is fertile and thirsty – for learning the Noble Qur’an, religion, and hadeeth – After spending 3 months here I realized that this is – the right place for one to teach the Book of Allah Almighty – So I brought my family to be with me – By the will of Allah we will settle here to help them – I teach boys memorize the Qur’an – And my wife teaches girls – May Allah chose the best for us – Ma’sha’Allh, is your wife hafidh also? – Praise to Allah – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful Sheikh Abdulla Al-Shajara is from Yemen He migrated to Indonesia with his family for the sake of Qur’an He settled there with his wife and kids To help the Indonesians memorize the Qur’an May Allah reward you sheikh Abdulla – Is it difficult to teach them?
– Yes it is – We try to locate the letters that they can’t pronounce correctly – For example; Tha, they say it; Sa – and; Thal they say; Za – And others, we keep repeating it for them – and keep focusing on these letters – Praise to Allah
– Ma’sha’Allah – You may also learn their language
– Of course – Praise to Allah
– Did you learn any of it sheikh? – A little
– Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful – I ask Allah SWT to reward you sheikh
– Ameen – May Allah bless you
– Memorizing the Qur’an and serving it, is something great – We ask Allah SWT to make us among those whom the prophet – said about’ the best of you who learned the Qur’an – and taught it’
– Ameen – We are seeking this goodness
– Ameen, our lord – May Allah bless you
– Ameen ‘Ask my heart, for my heart’ ‘has melted, of so much love for you my Lord’ ‘Within me are verses,’ ‘that protected me from any distress’ Allah is greater, Allah is greater! I bear witness that there is no worthy of worship except Allah. All of us adored that beautiful Athan Imagine having one of your kids calling the Athan with a similar beautiful voice He is Sheikh Shakir From Aceh province, Indonesia His family was displaced after tsunami hit their area He is young, but his voice is amazing, he memorized the Qur’an, and he is an Imam. He leads taraweeh and Qiyam prayers May Allah preserve him – He doesn’t know Arabic at all – But his story is great and his voice is beautiful – Shakir is a member of a family, ma’sha’Allah – all the 3 children of which memorize the Qur’an – He is the youngest among them – Ma’sha’Allah, this young boy was invited to Hong Kong to – lead people in prayer as an Imam – And next year he is going to New York to lead prayer – What I am trying to point is that – We shouldn’t evaluate people according to their age – A better evaluation is by their memorization of the Book of Allah SWT – I didn’t put these standards – But the prophet SAW said, “Allah elevates people with this Qur’an.” ‘A light of goodness for life’ ‘we aim with it towards Allah forgiveness’ ‘From inside the bodies and hearts’ ‘ a light glows with brightness’ ‘So beautifully it’s recited among the creation’ ‘And the universe returned back and forth the echo’ ‘ When it revealed the guidance’ ‘ .. our Qur’an is the true salvation’ ‘ Recite and think of the meanings, in awe’ While wandering inside this beautiful place, Dar Al-Qur’an It was a lovely experience for all the team of the show We saw genuine efforts to help memorization of the Qur’an All what girls and boys need are provided for them here 24/7 to focus on memorizing the whole Qur’an I also heard about a family here that migrated from Bali Island And settled here to memorize the Qur’an A father, a mother, and their three children; 2 boys and one girl Their father put them here under supervision of Sheikh Yusuf Mansur asking him to teach them memorization of the Qur’an The father is a business man in trading business, He promised to provide for his family while they memorize the Qur’an Sitting in front of me is sheikh Muhammad Farhan revising Qur’an in this beautiful spot, he does this daily after Fajr prayers His brother Muhammad Fahmi Their story is very beautiful Take it as a message from our hearts in this show To every family wishes to be Qur’anic like this family – My dear sheikh Muhammad Farhan – How are you? By the will of Allah, Are you good? – May Allah bless you all – How are you?
– Praise to Allah – Ma’sha’Allah, Do you revise Qur’an here every day? – Yes, every day
– After Fajr prayers? – Yes
– Ma’sha’Allah, – Beautiful life style, is that your brother Muhammad Fahmi? – Yes
– Let’s go to his place – Sheikh, Sheikh Muhammad – How are you?
– Praise to Allah – By the will of Allah, Are you good? – I want you all, you parents to listen carefully – To what we have here – We wished that all our children become from the people of Qur’an – Ma’sha’Allah, – He wants all his kids to be hufadh – He migrated from Bali Island to this region so as – to facilitate memorization of the Qur’an to his family – Muhammad Fahmi and Muhammad Farhan memorized – The whole Qur’an in about three years – Their sister memorized 25 juzz by now ” And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him,” ” and to parents, good treatment. ” ” Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you,” ” say not to them [so much as], “uff,”” ” and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.” – The best Goodness you do for your parents, – is to memorize the Qur’an! – Are you happy and contented now they memorized the Qur’an – Ma’sha’Allah, everything is blessing – everything is blessing, praise to Allah
– Yes – Are you blessed with the Qur’an
– Absolutely, praise to Allah – Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful ” When the Occurrence occurs,” ” There is, at its occurrence, no denial.” ” It will bring down [some] and raise up [others].” ” When the earth is shaken with convulsion” ” And the mountains are broken down, crumbling” ” And become dust dispersing.” – Sheikh Ahmed, did you memorize the Qur’an?
– No, – You think you don’t
– I don’t – I tell you now, you do memorize the Qur’an
– Ma’sha’Allah, – You memorize the Qur’an, not once, but three times – By the will of Allah, because whoever guides to goodness, – He’ll be rewarded as the doer of this goodness – Every letter your children recite from the Qur’an that they’d memorized – is on your scale of good deeds – I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed Shaytan – In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. ” They said, ‘O Moses, either you throw'” “‘or we will be the first to throw.'” ” He said, ‘Rather, you throw.’ ” ” And suddenly their ropes and staffs seemed to him from their magic” ” that they were moving [like snakes].” – Very beautiful recitations – By the way Muhammad Farhan is 13, – Muhammad Fahmi is 15, – And Namera is 11 years old – Ma’sha’Allah, 2 years apart from one another – Their recitation of the Qur’an they memorize is very beautiful – Believe me, I am very much impressed by talking to them – Because this is what I wish to have among our families – This is the greatest happiness and pleasure – The sweetest days you will live, – When your children memorize the Book of Allah SWT – Believe me, It is light in life, light in graves, – And good deeds as big as Tuhama Mountains, In Jannah – By the will of Allah Almighty – I ask Allah SWT to protect us all – And make all our children Hufadh of the Book of Allah SWT This contest is characterized by perfect organization It offers various opportunities for contestants to participate So they have a category for recitation in one hall, A second hall for Tajweed, A third one for Qira’at, A forth one- which we liked most- is for Tafseer [interpretation] Very nice competition This is the city of Bandung It is three hours from Jakarta, by car We came to attend this great Qur’anic competition Ma’sha’Allah, they said this contest is held here since 1965 For almost 48 to 50 years in Indonesia This is an indicator of how much this country cares about the Noble Qur’an And how they love to memorize the Qur’an, recite, and understand ” he said, ‘Bring me a brother of yours from your father.'” Ma’sha’Allah, praise to the Entirely Merciful It is very overwhelming situation She is facing more than twenty examiners Here where they compete on memorization of the whole Qur’an All the 30 juzz, I like what is going on here very much Ma’sha’Allah, While there, I came across so many great and lovely voices They were very touching By Allah, I can’t believe how perfect they are reciting the Qur’an, Yet they can’t speak Arabic language But this is the truth! ” Not equal are the companions of the Fire”
[Hafidh: Sayful-Deen Yusuf] ” and the companions of Paradise.” ” The companions of Paradise – they are the attainers [of success].” ” If We had sent down this Qur’an upon a mountain,” ” you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah .” ” And these examples We present to the people” ” that perhaps they will give thought.” ” By the morning brightness” ” And [by] the night when it covers with darkness,”
[Hafidh: Basri Aloi] ” Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], ” ” nor has He detested [you].” ” And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life].” ” And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied.” “Did He not find you an orphan and give [you] refuge?” ” And He found you lost and guided [you],” ” And He found you poor and made [you] self-sufficient.” We are sitting now in a central location surrounded by the competition halls To my right side, I can hear reciters of 5 and 10 juzz, memorization And to my left side, I can hear reciters of the whole Qur’an, reading, and explanation Qur’an surrounds the entire place Ma’sha’Allah, All our show team are happy and enjoying this event! – This girl next to me is one of the contestants – She is 11 years old, a reciter, her voice is amazing – She doesn’t speak Arabic at all – Even if I ask her about her name she won’t understand me ” That is Allah , your Lord; there is no deity except Him,”
[Hafidhah: Foutri Diana] ” the Creator of all things, so worship Him.” ” And He is Disposer of all things.” ” Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; ” ” and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.” ” There has come to you enlightenment from your Lord. ” ” So whoever will see does so for [the benefit of] his soul,” ” and whoever is blind [does harm] against it.” ” And [say], “I am not a guardian over you.”” In the Qur’an, Allah SWT ordered us to contemplate his speech And he also ordered us to recite the Qur’an ” and recite the Qur’an with measured recitation.” That is to read the Qur’an slowly to have time to get the meaning of the words we are saying Al-Qurtuby explained this verse, he said, “Tarteel is to read slowly with looking at the meaning of the speech.” So reading fast will ruin proper understanding It will not allow you to get what exactly meant by the verse For example, I see people in the Masjid, especially at Ramadhan, They read very fast to finish their Khatma of Ramadhan I see them read very fast For example, like this, ” So the people that committed wrong were eliminated…” ” And praise to Allah , Lord of the worlds…” This is their way of reading it As if, it is not the speech of Allah SWT And they forget that Allah SWT said; ” and recite the Qur’an with measured recitation.” Or prophet SAW forbade us from reciting the whole Qur’an in less than three days If you want to know how the prophet SAW recited the Qur’an Anas Bin Malik said, “He used to stretch his voice in recitation” He extends the voice with recitation, ” In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.” ” [All] praise is [due] to Allah , Lord of the worlds -” ” The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,” This slow recitation makes you capable of absorbing the meanings, reflect, understand and submit your heart Don’t rush, avoid this. Ibn Masud says something very beautiful, Describing how to read the Qur’an, He says, “Don’t scatter it like sand in the air” “And don’t read it the way poetry is read” This summarizes all of what I was saying The Qur’an is the speech of the Lord of the worlds It is not poetry “Move your hearts with it” “And let not your main concern be to reach the end of it” Don’t say I need to be fast to finish the Khatma say it is better if I reflect and recite as my Lord ordered me and when you recite perfectly you will be able to reflect upon the speech of Allah SWT ‘When I breathe the essence of my soul’ ‘And the door of goodness opens for me’ ‘That’s when the soul flows with its scent’ ‘The perfume of love throughout the gardens’ ‘We travel in the journey of Qur’an’ ‘Along the roads of goodness and to home lands ‘ ‘With the noble target of life’ ‘It’s to win the acceptance of Allah’ ‘In the company of the Qur’an, the journey is sweet’ ‘Through the lights with reflections’ ‘With souls by impression’ ‘It has all the good and evidence’ ‘From the Qur’an to mankind’ ‘In all horizons and universes’ ‘We are in its journey at all times’ ‘Our only wish is acceptance of Allah’